[Openmp-dev] cmake build integration

Peyton, Jonathan L jonathan.l.peyton at intel.com
Tue Apr 28 16:05:10 PDT 2015

Yes, I currently have a preliminary version for this functionality.  It includes:

1) very basic top level CMakeLists.txt file which only calls add_subdirectory(runtime)
2) correct install target, which will install in $DESTDIR/$CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib{LLVM_LIBDIR_SUFFIX} for the libray, $DESTDIR/$CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib{LLVM_LIBDIR_SUFFIX}/clang/{CLANG_VERSION}/include for omp.h and iomp.h
3) I also have it recognize when it is a standalone build, so it knows when to ignore LLVM_ based variables, etc.

I have attached the whole thing as one patch here if you want to try it out or take a look at it.
Keep in mind that a lot of the changes are to the cmake/MicroTests.cmake file which is a refactoring job but not critical for
LLVM integration.

To try this out:
1) checkout LLVM
2) checkout clang into llvm/tools
3) checkout compiler-rt into llvm/projects
4) checkout openmp into llvm/projects
5) apply the patch to the llvm/projects/openmp
6) cd llvm/
7) mkdir build && cd build
8) cmake  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=install  –DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=…
9) make
10) make install

The final libiomp5.so should be in CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib
And omp.h and iomp.h should be in CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/clang/3.x.x/include

I haven’t bothered putting the Fortran headers and modules in any install target yet but that can be done if necessary.

-- Johnny