[Openmp-dev] AArch64 support

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Tue Dec 23 07:58:30 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 8:55 PM, Cownie, James H <james.h.cownie at intel.com>
wrote:

>  As you say, it is holiday season and many people (including Johnny) are
> on vacation.
>

> I am nervous about committing a change and then immediately going on
> holiday myself, (especially when the ball was in your court on these
> patches that are now so urgent for ~6 weeks).
>

> Having a buildbot is great, especially if it is pushing results somewhere
> public, but surely your buildbot should only need a one line change to
> choose which repository to check out from, so you can do most of the work
> to get it running with it looking at your internal tree, and then switch to
> the LLVM tree easily once it’s all running.

For anything I can review - I do so pretty quickly (certainly not 6 weeks).
While I realize this patch has been outstanding - my "holiday" activities
and "job" are not the same thing. So I was hoping to take care of this in
my "free" time.

The patch had already been reviewed before and the points which needed to
be fixed should  be resolved. So maybe I was wrongly a bit impatient or
thinking it was "ready"

> More generally (and not needed for these patches, but so you can see where
> we’re going), I’d like to tidy up the way we’re handling the multiple
> architectures to make the code cleaner and porting easier.

I agree clean-up is needed, but starting a new thread may get better
visibility and allow more discussion. If you resend it I'll see if I can
come up with any constructive ideas. (I am not a fan of #if hell and
strongly prefer feature tests)

I'm fairly confident my patch adds functionality and doesn't break anything
existing.. thus the risk is "low"..