[Openmp-dev] PPC64 patch from Intel's fourth cmake patch

Bataev, Alexey a.bataev at gmx.com
Tue Aug 19 20:31:49 PDT 2014

> As you've discovered, clang-omp currently does not use the arbitrary-length-parameter-list aspect of the microtasks. I've cc'd Alexey here, and perhaps he can describe why. I suspect that using function parameters directly, instead of putting everything into structures, will be easier on the IPA (and more efficient -- although it is not clear how important that is relative to the dispatching overhead).
There are 2 reasons to use structure.
1. All variables are captured by CapturedStmt into record and I just
reused what we already had in the code base.
2. There were plans to modify implementation of __kmpc_fork_call()
function and replace a list of references to shared variables by a
single pointer to a record of references to shared variables (just like
it is done in libgomp). Probably Jim Cownie can tell a little bit more
about it.

Best regards,
Alexey Bataev
Software Engineer