[Openmp-dev] Steps to create a OpenMP enabled compiler?

Cownie, James H james.h.cownie at intel.com
Thu Aug 21 05:59:23 PDT 2014

I’m sorry to say that I think you’re confused and have just wasted your time.
What you’ve done is to download and build the OpenMP runtime that is needed to work with the experimental OpenMP enabled clang front end.

But, what you seem to want to do is simply to have a compiler that can compile OpenMP codes.
Since you clearly already have gcc installed (otherwise you wouldn’t have been able to build the runtime by compiling it with gcc), I think you already have everything you need without building any compilers or compiler components.

AFAICT since you can run gcc, you should also be able to run g++, which has OpenMP support, and you aren’t interested in (and don’t need) the experimental clang, or the runtime to support it.

If you can’t just run g++, then check your PATHs and so on. (But none of that is relevant for debate here, since it’s all simply about installing GCC on your machine and making it work).

-- Jim

James Cownie <james.h.cownie at intel.com>
SSG/DPD/TCAR (Technical Computing, Analyzers and Runtimes)