[Openmp-dev] Clean-up feedback

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sun Aug 10 13:04:07 PDT 2014

Hi

I plan to clean-up some items - please comment or object to any of the
items below

1) I'd like to move the old cmake stuff from requiring a manual rename
to a new dir and add a top level if() which allows it to be activated.
It would be off by default and require something like
cmake -DSIMPLE_BUILD=ON

2) I'd like to remove some of the perl dep - expand-vars.pl - I find it
almost comical that perl is required here.
Everything named *.var..
omp.h.var
omp_lib.f90.var
libiomp.rc.var

3) if I have time/patience I'll possibly do some other cmake related
clean-ups. Such as target/arch detection
---------
4) @Intel - are you planning to pull upstream changes and sync this any
time soon? I don't want other non-bulid related clean-ups to conflict
with that