[llvm-foundation] [llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: APT repo temporary switched off

John Firebaugh via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 10:06:16 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Dan Liew via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 31 May 2016 at 10:27, Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-foundation
> <llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > TL;DR: APT repo switched off due to excessive load / traffic
> >
> > Recently we realized that APT repo generates almost 95% of I/O on
> > llvm.org and more than 40% of network bandwidth alone. During last 2
> > weeks the main services on llvm.org (svn, git, bugzilla) had serious
> > problems with overall connectivity.
>
> I'm not surprised by the heavy load but a little more notice would
> have been nice.

Yes, I imagine that this broke quite a few builds on Travis CI; it
certainly broke a few that I rely on.

Regardless, thanks for having run this infrastructure for so long. Have you
considered publishing the packages to a PPA, so that the community can
continue to benefit from them without llvm.org having to support the
hosting costs?