[llvm-devmeeting] EuroLLVM - Technical presentation howto

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Feb 4 03:07:43 PST 2013

Ciao Simone,

We'll update the website in a moment, for now the info about posters is
below:

>----------------<
March 1st deadline is for submissions for consideration by the content
committee. We need at least:

 -  A title and an extended abstract. Or

 -  A title, abstract and some slides. Please make clear the status of the
slides: Are they a skeleton of your presentation with the detail missing?
Or, perhaps a section of detail that lacks introduction and conclusions?
The more you can give us and tell us the easier it will be for us to be
positive about your submission.

For examples of abstracts and introductions please look at papers from any
compiler conference such as Code Generation and Optimization. A typical
abstract is from one paragraph to half of a column on a 2-column A4 page. A
typical introduction is between 0.5 and 2 A4 pages. An A4 page would
suffice for an extended abstract. The more slides you give us in near final
form the less we need by way of abstract and introduction. For examples of
titles and slides presented last year please see
http://llvm.org/devmtg/2012-04-12/.

cheers,
--renato