[llvm-dev] Submitting an Experimental Target

Nikita Ermoshkin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 5 07:56:21 PST 2022

Renato,

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like I've got a few major things to hit
before getting to submitting patches.

Regarding splitting into n patches: what are good boundaries to split along
(for my relatively simple target), and where can I find more info on how to
test across each of these boundaries so each patch can be submitted,
tested, and reviewed independently (which I’m assuming is the purpose of
splitting)?

Nikita

On December 28, 2021 at 7:42:59 AM, Renato Golin (rengolin at gmail.com) wrote:

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 at 20:51, Nikita Ermoshkin via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> 6. Is there anything else I should know about submitting a new target? The
> dev policy docs (
> https://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#adding-a-new-target) don’t
> have a ton of info on it.

I just added a new review to cover that part:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D116331

cheers,
--renato