[llvm-dev] How To Emit an LLVM IR or Object Code From A Source Code Inside A Tool

kuter dinel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 25 18:50:25 PDT 2021

Hello/Merhaba Seyyid from what I understand you are trying to write a
compiler Instrumentation.

To run a pass directly from clang:
For the old pass manager `-Xclang -load -Xclang mypass.so ...`
For the new pass manager `-fpass-plugin=mypass.so ...`

If you really wanted you could fork llvm and add your pass as a built-in
pass.
But I think you shouldn't do it that way.

Seyyid Hikmet Çelik via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>, 26 May 2021