[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Inlining: using locally optimal inlining decisions

Liqiang Tao via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 21 06:42:01 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I'm Liqiang Tao, a graduate student at the University of Tokyo, Japan. You
can call me Liq or Tao, which is easy to pronounce I think.
My project is about exploring whether it is helpful to come up with locally
optimal inlining decisions with the profile, which generalize the existing
LLVM inline deferral logic.
You could access my full proposal here -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nhJKSdPTtWzTbAsY3vvTlXbLZFI9GQMnU5F4d-3JLWc/edit#heading=h.us242diaa3ay
I think it would be an exciting summer with my great mentors Kazu Hirata
and Mircea Trofin.

Best Wishes,
Liqiang Tao