[llvm-dev] Reg: Adding Custom Intrinsic at start of function

Sai Venkata Krishnan V via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 3 18:00:19 PDT 2021

Hello Everyone
   I have created a new intrinsic in RISCV and I am trying to insert it at
the start of every function based on Command-Line argument which determines
the list of functions to omit. I expect this intrinsic to be inserted at
the start of function as first instruction, i.e. even before the function
prologue. Is this possible with a normal Module/Function pass using opt
command? Or, should I look into MachineFunction pass?
Please guide me in this.

Thanking you
Sai