[llvm-dev] LLVM Build on Windows 10

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 4 12:44:15 PST 2021

Well, I emerge from a week of getting my new Windows 10 machine running
smoothly. Now I have to tackle the LLVM build. When I do a build, I get
a boatload of the following messages. I searched my old machine for
settings involving policies, with no luck. I don't recall seeing these
when I started building LLVM on my old machine. As always, any help is
appreciated and your patience duly noted.

-------------------------------------

CMake Warning (dev) at
C:/LLVM/llvm-project/llvm/cmake/modules/TableGen.cmake:94
(add_custom_command):
   Policy CMP0116 is not set: Ninja generators transform DEPFILEs from
   add_custom_command().  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0116" for policy
   details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress
this
   warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   C:/LLVM/llvm-project/mlir/cmake/modules/AddMLIR.cmake:2 (tablegen)
C:/LLVM/llvm-project/mlir/test/lib/Dialect/Test/CMakeLists.txt:28
(mlir_tablegen)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.