[llvm-dev] [NewPM] Purpose of the 'opt' option '-enable-new-pm'

Arthur Eubanks via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 21 10:46:24 PST 2021

`-enable-new-pm` is purely for the new PM transition, ideally at some point
it will disappear when all tests are using `-passes`. We'll have to do a
mass update of the lit tests at some point after the new PM transition,
probably when we start thinking about deprecating the legacy PM (at least
for the optimization pipeline).
(Also unrelated IMO having a `-passes` flag instead of specifying each pass
as its own flag is a lot cleaner)