[llvm-dev] Question about the build

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 4 00:32:29 PST 2021

For what it's worth, I've recently been running into problems related to
the NATIVE tablegen build for optimized tablegen usage in debug builds. In
my case, it was (and may still be) unnecessarily rebuilding tablegen
related files every time, even though nothing has changed, which in turn
causes the rest of the build to trigger (as Visual Studio sees things as
being out-of-date). I forget the exact details, but can dig them out later
if someone is interested in investigating further. I haven't had the time
to dig into this properly myself, but it is frequently hurting my
productivity.