[llvm-dev] [LAI] Question about getDependences

Florian Hahn via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 22 01:37:49 PST 2021

> On 18 Feb 2021, at 18:57, Dangeti Tharun kumar <cs15mtech11002 at iith.ac.in> wrote:
>
> Hi Florian,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> We have tried a condition like this:
>
> if (LAI.getMaxSafeDepDistBytes() == -1ULL && !LAI.canVectorizeMemory()) {
>   print("Unknown dependences in loop");
>   return false;
> }
>
> Looks like LAI.getMaxSafeDepDistBytes() is not always capturing the distance for non-vectorizable loops.

I think getMaxSafeDepDistBytes should only be used if canVectorizeMemory is true. It sounds like you might be asking LAI questions it isn’t really built for. If you are interested in information about dependences and do not require runtime-check generation, https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/main/llvm/include/llvm/Analysis/DependenceAnalysis.h <https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/main/llvm/include/llvm/Analysis/DependenceAnalysis.h> might give you the information you need.