[llvm-dev] libfuzzer debugging

Jonas Paulsson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 11 18:48:02 PST 2021

Hi,

I am trying to debug http://lab.llvm.org:8011/#/builders/8 which is a
stage-2 failure with libfuzzer (minimize_two_crashes.test). A bisect has
shown that this is a problem that begun with 669ddd1 "Turn on the new
pass manager by default".

The test itself is small and the stage1 and stage2 functions are
identical. So it must be somewhere in libfuzzer itself that something is
going wrong.

My problem is that I cannot get a good GDB experience with the stage2
build. I have built an entire stage-2 build in Debug mode, but I am
having severe trouble reading most variables, which works fine with the
stage-1 (gcc) build.

I would appreciate any help... Is there anything more than
"-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug" I need to use for some reason with a stage-2
(clang) build?

thanks,

Jonas