[llvm-dev] [Openmp-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 6 01:41:24 PST 2021

Hello David,

> Steps 5 and 6 can't be atomic, so this will break everything that tries
> to access the repo between steps 5 and 6, but that should be about 30
> seconds of downtime.  The end result should be a llvm/llvm-project
> GitHub project containing the current git repo and the issues from
> Bugzilla but not any of the existing issues / PRs on that repo.
The problem is that repo is not only code + issues. There are also:
  - Releases
  - Forks
  - Stars / Watches
  - All kinds of tokens and integrations
  - Maybe something else which I forgot right now

So, we'd also need to re-create releases, but we will lose all
metadata (e.g. there is no way to recreate releases using the correct
release dates) and there is no way to restore forks, so this will
affect all downstream users – they will essentially need to re-create
all their forks and move their private changes there. Currently there
are ~4.5k forks. I do not have information which forks are active.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University