[llvm-dev] Need help with source code

S M via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 19 09:04:34 PDT 2020

Hi,
Hope you're doing well.
I'm a student at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Would you be so
kind to help me with the following task?

I need to somehow use the LLVM source code I have built to print extra
information in the IR generated by LLVM *during -emit-llvm stage.*
The extra information must not get printed when running clang directly on
the file.
$ clang++ code.cpp -o code.out && ./code.out
(this does not print the EXTRA information)
 I have a sample c++ code named code.cpp and the extra information
generated by *-emit-llvm* will be something like:

EXTRA information

Thank You.
Sam Maurya
M.Tech CSE,