[llvm-dev] New PM for target-specific pre-isel IR passes

Chen, Yuanfang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 8 11:43:14 PDT 2020

Hello Krzysztof,

Yes, there is a plan to use the new pass manager for both target-specific IR and MIR passes.  There will be a new class (counterpart to TargetPassConfig) to let target `addIRPasses` (https://reviews.llvm.org/D83608). The TargetPassConfig is and will continue to be specific to legacy pass manager though.

-Yuanfang