[llvm-dev] Misleading documentation on FP to integer conversion instructions?

Stephen Neuendorffer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 4 11:02:01 PDT 2020

If fptosi takes 0.9 -> 0, then that is not 'rounding' in any sense I'm
aware of (IEEE754 or otherwise).
Rounding (in the IEE754 sense) determines how a number is converted when it
is halfway between two
candidate results.  (see round(), ceil(), floor()).

fptosi seems to model the behavior of a C cast from float to int,
which truncates the fractional bits (as in trunc()).

Steve