[llvm-dev] Vectorization of math function failed?

Venkataramanan Kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 1 00:07:43 PDT 2020

  Hi Alexandre,

I am not sure if we can generate vector calls to GlibC libmvec.

I can see the following vector math libraries supported.

---Snip llvm/lib/Analysis/TargetLibraryInfo.cpp--
static cl::opt<TargetLibraryInfoImpl::VectorLibrary> ClVectorLibrary(
    "vector-library", cl::Hidden, cl::desc("Vector functions library"),
    cl::init(TargetLibraryInfoImpl::NoLibrary),
    cl::values(clEnumValN(TargetLibraryInfoImpl::NoLibrary, "none",
                          "No vector functions library"),
               clEnumValN(TargetLibraryInfoImpl::Accelerate, "Accelerate",
                          "Accelerate framework"),
               clEnumValN(TargetLibraryInfoImpl::MASSV, "MASSV",
                          "IBM MASS vector library"),
               clEnumValN(TargetLibraryInfoImpl::SVML, "SVML",
                          "Intel SVML library")));
---Snip--

./clang --autocomplete=-fveclib=
Accelerate
MASSV
none
SVML

For SVML (Intel vector math library ),  you need to use -mllvm
-vector-library=SVML  or -fveclib=SVML.

regards,
Venkat.