[llvm-dev] Manipulating DAGs in TableGen

Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 10:47:45 PDT 2020

On 19.10.20 19:33, Paul C. Anagnostopoulos wrote:
> But aren't we concerned about users of TableGen outside of the LLVM project? I've come across at least one in my travels through the interwebs.

True, it's fair to give them a heads-up. Depending on the user, it may
already be good enough to split the change up into two: first, a chancge
to add !getdagop/!setdagop; second, a change to remove the old form.
That provides at least one "moment in time" where both versions can be
used, which can help with migrations.

If you leave a few weeks between committing the two changes, it's even
nicer.

Cheers,
Nicolai

--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
Aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.