[llvm-dev] LLVM Developers Meeting JIT BoF -- Request for Topics of Interest

Andres Freund via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 2 10:21:00 PDT 2020

Hi,

On 2020-09-29 01:52:48 +0530, Praveen Velliengiri wrote:
> I'm also interested in reducing the compilation time of code in JIT
> component independent of static compiler. Is it sounds interesting? :)

That would be of interest to me too. One thing around this I have been
wondering about is whether it's realistic to merge the optimization and
code generation phases - right now we spend a lot of time re-doing
analyses during codegen that we already had done during optimization.

Possibly also related to LLJIT design - having LLJIT first generate
minimally optimized code and then, while that is in use, doing optimization
and optimized codegen concurrently, would be neat. It feels like that'd
fit well into LLJIT, given that it already provides things like
background compile threads.

- Andres