[llvm-dev] RFC: throw2goto exception optimization

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 22 09:30:48 PDT 2020

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 10:06 PM Jeff Linahan <jeff.linahan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.  I was hoping it would just be a new
> pass. :)

/maybe/ - certainly worth a shot, but I'd guess it might be difficult to
prove down in LLVM (the IR may not have carried enough semantic information
with it to make the transformation valid in all cases) without plumbing
through more information from the front end. Certainly a place to
start/make a first attempt, in any case.