[llvm-dev] RFC: throw2goto exception optimization

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 21 08:50:30 PDT 2020

(re: official proposal numbers: there are none)

What sort of feedback are you looking for on this? It doesn't seem to be a
proposal (at least in the way that they usually appear/are discussed in the
LLVM community) - it sounds like "it'd be nice if compilers did <x>"
without any suggestion of how that might be achieved, or who would do the
work to make that possible. Are you asking the LLVM community for approval
for this direction so you can start contributing patches to implement it?
Even that's going to probably require some amount of suggestion about,
broadly, how this would be implemented - to get a better understanding of
the cost/benefit - how invasive such a change would be, etc.

- Dave