[llvm-dev] RFC] Shrink-wrapping improvement

Jimmy Zhongduo Lin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 15 07:02:45 PDT 2020

Hi Francis,

Thanks for getting back to me. Could you please provide more details about the problems you encounter with those tools and what improvements required to improve compact unwinding format? Most of my experience is in the mid end, but it is still surprising to me that an improved shrink wrap will break that many tools, considering the fact that gcc has a good shrink wrapping pass and shrink-wrap-separate pass.

Also, if possible, would you be able to share some performance numbers you get back then by improving shrink-wrap?

Thanks,
Jimmy