[llvm-dev] LLVM Fragment Type

zhangning@eswin.com via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 13 19:49:21 PDT 2020

Hi there,
I am studying LLVM and RISCV ,  and currently I am reading the source code.
Now I have a question on the Fragment and Fragment Type (I put a code slice below),  I guess that can be related to generate assemble or elf file.  But it is hard for me to map the source code to real assembler file or elf file.
could you please tell me the meaning of Fragment and Fragment type?  What is the relationship between fragment and sections? How are they used to generate obj file? Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
David.
public:
enum FragmentType : uint8_t {