[llvm-dev] How does BlockAddress map to MachineBasicBlock?

PenYiWang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 11 09:07:54 PDT 2020

Hi

If we use BlockAddress of the IR ,

there will be corresponding label in the Machine IR.

So that we can get the address of BasicBlcok from this label.

Now, I use BlockAddress to get the address of CallInst in IR level.

I want to adjust the label in MIR to get the address of exactly call
instruction.

Because the CallInst  is  often lowered to more than one MIR/asm.

like maintaining stack pointer, argument preparing and the call instruction.

So, my question is

How can I change the mapping between  BlockAddress  and label in MIR?

Can I split a MBB and let the Blockaddress map to  the new MBB?

Or how to change the location of label in MIR ?

I just want to move the label back like one or two instruction to the call
instruction.

Thank you