[llvm-dev] Unexpected behavior found in Stack Coloring pass, need clarification

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 5 23:30:59 PDT 2020

Its very unusual that there is a bitcast in the middle of the allocas going
into the StackColoring pass. While not explicitly illegal IR, its unusual.
Allocas are usually grouped together. I suspect the stack coloring pass
isn't handling this well.

It looks like InstCombine created the bitcast and may have made a bad
decision about where to place it.

~Craig