[llvm-dev] ORC JIT Weekly #7 -- JITEventListener support and Swift Immediate Mode Migration

Frank Tetzel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 31 04:51:40 PDT 2020

> Last time I tried it was some months ago with LLVM 9. I'll try it
> shortly with LLVM trunk/master and report back.

Finally, I found the time to try it out again. And it works fine in LLVM
master. I haven't tried any other LLVM version.

Profiling with perf on assembly level works fine. And so does gdb. One
can set pending breakpoints on the to be generated function and
execution stops when calling the function which shows that the jit
integration in gdb works. I have not played around with debug
information.

For the perf support, it's a bit of a pain to remember to enable
LLVM_USE_PERF when building LLVM. Why not enable it by default?

Best regards,
Frank