[llvm-dev] llvm-objdump cannot recognize mul&mulh RISC-V M Instructions

Luís Marques via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 30 15:25:39 PDT 2020

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:15 PM James Y Knight via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Seems like it'd make sense to change this? Is there any benefit to not
> disassemble the standard extensions unless requested?

I agree that disassembling all standard extensions' instructions is a
reasonable default, and that there is value in being compatible with the
GNU objdump. I could see some arguments against that, but they are fairly
minor. I'll post a patch for that this week.

Thanks,
Luís