[llvm-dev] [RFC][AArch64] Homogeneous Prolog and Epilog for Size Optimization

Kyungwoo Lee via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 24 14:04:01 PDT 2020

Hi Vedant,

Thanks for your interest and comment.
Size-optimization improves page-faults and a start-up time for a large
application, which this enabling also followed.
Even though I didn't see a large regression/complaint on a CPU-bound case,
which is not a typical case for mobile workload, I wanted to be precautious
of enabling it by default.
However, as with default outlining case, I don't mind enabling this under
-Oz (for minimizing code) with an opt-out option.

Regards,
Kyungwoo