[llvm-dev] [InstCombine] Addrspacecast and GEP assumed commutative

Thomas Faingnaert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 24 05:50:22 PDT 2020

It appears that this behaviour of InstCombine is at least somewhat intended, as there are several tests that fail after the change mentioned before: cast.ll, gep-addrspace.ll and getelementptr.ll in test/Transforms/InstCombine.
I feel a little uncomfortable applying the patch after knowing this, and removing those tests doesn't seem like a great solution.
What are your thoughts?

For now, I think I can work around my original issue since the CUDA driver seems to optimise away the additional ADD in most cases.