[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Prospective student for Unify ways to move code or check if code is safe to be moved

RITHIK SHARMA via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 21 12:54:45 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am an undergrad from India. This summer I'm interested in working on
unifying the code motion checks as a GSoC intern with LLVM. I started
reading about classical data flow analysis since few months, I see this as
a great opportunity to start contributing to LLVM. The idea of unifying all
the code motion checks into one place seems very rational and interesting
to me. As in the project description LICM was mentioned, I have a basic
idea about it and I spent some time to go through its implementation in
LLVM. It makes a lot of sense to me to keep all code motion checks at one
place, say an analysis pass, I also looked into GVN hoist & sink passes as
they also have some code motion logic. I'll start drafting the proposal
after your initial feedback/suggestions. I'm really very excited to work on
this.

Best Regards,
Rithik Sharma