[llvm-dev] [GSOC] "Project: Improve inter-procedural analyses and optimisations"

Fahad Nayyar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 18 17:47:42 PDT 2020

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your comments!

*> I think the AAReachability TODO is being worked on but #179 not, as far
as I know. Would you be interested in taking this one? If so, make sure to
split it in multiple smaller patches, starting with one for the LangRef.doc
and the Attributor.*

Sure!. I can take this up. I'll put up the patches asap. I have a doubt
about #task1 of #179 *"Write a short RFC for a the attribute and send it to
llvm-dev". *What kind of description of the attribute should I put there? I
was thinking about the meaning of the attribute and its purpose. Please
clarify.

*> FIWI, I think we want the attribute to mean 1) below. I note this*
*because 2) is "the opposite" of dereferenceable.*
*  1) the underlying object is at most this large, where the pointer*
*     points to doesn't matter.*
*  2) the underlying object has at most X more dereferenceable bytes from*
*     this point forward.*
*I think we want 1) and later the opposite of 1) as well.*
*Does this make sense?*

Yes. I understood this. Just for clarification the opposite of 1) will be *"the
underlying object is at least this large"*?

Thanks and regards.
Fahad Nayyar