[llvm-dev] MLIR project, GSoC 2020.

ABHIMANYU RAWAT via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 15 14:21:05 PDT 2020

Hi there,

I am Abhimanyu Rawat, 1st-year graduate student and researcher from Paris,
I hail from a pure computer science background on both Bachelors's and
Masters's level. I find MLIR projects quite interesting. I have experience
writing C code for EMC^2 as a protocols engineer for 2 years, I use
python for convenience tasks. From a programming language
perspective(thanks to Dan Grossman) I find compilers very daunting and fun.
I am familiar with LLVM and have used it, looking at the projects I find
MLIR having a good technical depth which may also support my research.

>From MLIR open projects page I find two of the following projects
interesting:

1. Rework the MLIR python bindings, add a C APIs for core concepts

2. Automatic formatter for TableGen (similar to clang-format for C/C++)

I wish to know more about the project description, current work,
deliverables etc. just elaborative description same as with other LLVM open
projects for GSoC. Additionally, please point me to any outstanding bugs or
completed bugs or the literature you think one must go through in order to
address the aforementioned projects. I have some rough idea about both the
projects; maybe with your help, I could write a project description which
is empty at the moment and add it to the page.

Overall I am very excited to work on the project, with the community and
improving my skills by actively contributing to the project(in the long run
also).

BR Abhi