[llvm-dev] XCore target

Nigel Perks via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 11 03:03:16 PDT 2020

Hello all.

At XMOS we are working towards updating the upstream XCore backend for newer versions of the chip.

XCore is the XMOS processor. The XCore backend was written by Richard Osborne at XMOS. Richard has moved on. The current code owner in CODE_OWNERS.TXT, Robert Lytton, has also moved on.

For some years XMOS has developed the compiler in-house, for new versions of the chip, but not upstreamed the changes. We are currently integrating the upstream changes into the shipping compiler, following the LLVM coding standards. We would like to upstream when possible, but we don't have an estimated date yet.

I hope this sounds promising, and welcome any comments or questions.

Nigel Perks

XMOS