[llvm-dev] How to make when developing machine function pass ?

PenYiWang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 9 03:30:45 PDT 2020

Hi

I am modifying X86RetpolineThunks.cpp.

X86RetpolineThunks.cpp 's location is llvm-src/lib/Target/X86.

Which target should I use , next time use clang test.c , I can see the
difference .

I found that  "make llc"  doesn't work.

And either "make LLVMX86CodeGen" doen't work.

"make clang" waste a lot of time, even -j64.

Every time modifying the file of machine function pass ,
I have to wait for 1 min.

It drive me crazy.

Which "target" should use to "make" when developing machine function pass ?

Or is  there other way to develop machine function pass?

Thank you.