[llvm-dev] Operand Bundles generalization RE: Full restrict support - status update

Jeroen Dobbelaere via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 6 04:45:12 PST 2020

In an attempt to restart the discussion:
(Added Sanjoy, as he has done a lot of work on the operand bundles)

In order to move things forward, I would like to find out:
 -  how hard an implementation of generalized operand bundles would be, and
  - how we can minimize the impact on parts of the compiler that don't
    need operand bundles

So that we can compare it to my current solution for the provenance (former
'noalias side_channel') of a pointer operand of a load/store instruction.

Either by support operand bundles on any instruction (1), or, if that would
have too big of an impact, by extending its support to load/store instructions (2).

Sanjay, as you have done a decent amount of work on Operand Bundles, maybe you
can give some insight on the feasibility, possible performance/memory impact,
amount of work ?

Thanks,

Jeroen Dobbelaere

[..]