[llvm-dev] Allowing PRs on GitHub for some subprojects

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 1 09:53:16 PST 2020

> One aspect here though is that we can pay someone to build the things we need in Phabricator, we can't change GitHub though.
> It was mentioned in the past that we should engage with GitHub and see if they would add the feature we're missing to their roadmap, if it hasn't been done I'd start there: building up this list of things that need to happens before we can agree towards a transition, and engaging with GitHub to have these.
This is what we're doing already, however, we cannot force them to
implement something that is not on their roadmap as well as control
the ETA of the features.

That said, many of the things were requested (with the justification,
why we need them and how it will benefit not LLVM, but many
open-source projects). Some features were implemented (e.g. forced
linear history) some is still planned with something like "ETA
sometime this year".

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University