[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Phabricator Maintenance

Danila Malyutin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 26 12:41:10 PDT 2020

For the record,
Phabricator is even worse for that purpose as it doesn't really guarantee that what's been reviewed is actually what will be committed.
In fact, I've got bit by that before svn->git transition (error in reapplying the patch on svn for submission).
GitHub PRs solve this problem. In fact, there wouldn't be any need for the "getting commit rights" process and all those pings from the new contributors, since it'd be easy to make PR mergeable by anyone as long once they are approved.
Although some of the friction disappeared after the move to git and after I discovered moz-phab.

--
Danila