[llvm-dev] How to implement load/store for vector predicate register

林政宗 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 25 23:58:59 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am planning to expanding the pseudo instructions in XXXTargetLowering::EmitInstrWithCustomInserter(), and use temporary virtual registers as operands.
If I use virtual registers, do I need to mark them as "early clobber"?
I saw that sometimes they marked virtual register as "early clobber" in EmitInstrWithCustomInserter() in MIPS backend.
What is the effect of marking a virtual register as "early clobber" before RA?

Thanks,
Jerry

在 2020-06-25 20:29:30,"Hal Finkel" <hfinkel at anl.gov> 写道: