[llvm-dev] Renaming passes

Chen, Yuanfang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 25 11:20:00 PDT 2020

Agree with @Arthur Eubanks<mailto:aeubanks at google.com> that we could leave the discussion (legacy PM versus new PM) on 1. Option compatibility 2. Pass name compatibility to the future. IMHO, the current issue about test correctness parity between legacy and new PM regarding pass name should be done with least disruptive way. Name alias seems to be proper to achieve that.

- Yuanfang