[llvm-dev] [RFC] Compiled regression tests.

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 24 10:43:07 PDT 2020

Am Mi., 24. Juni 2020 um 05:59 Uhr schrieb Roman Lebedev <lebedev.ri at gmail.com>:
> It doesn't seem to me like an #ifdef based approach to embedding IR in C++ would result in particularly more manageable/formattable code than a raw string.

I thought that preprocessor directives might be easier to identify if
one needs to do a round-trip of the embedded IR through opt (e.g. to
update from older syntax).

However, clang-format leaves raw-strings untouched, but tries to
format the IR between preprocessor directives, so I tend to agree: raw
strings are better.

Michael