[llvm-dev] FastIsel, SelectionDAGISel or GlobalISel?

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 22 13:28:34 PDT 2020

Hi PW,

If you’re starting from scratch, GISel is probably the best forward looking solution.
Given you will be implemented everything in GISel if something doesn’t work you would just have to fix it within GISel.

What I am saying is the fallback path to SDISel is here for the exiting targets that have put a lot of effort in SDISel in the past. You shouldn’t need to use it when you start from scratch!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Quentin