[llvm-dev] Inlining functions from multiple assembly files

Ranjani Krishnan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 21 23:13:38 PDT 2020

I am working on developing a method to do some analysis on Ada code. I have
converted the high level code (multiple Ada files) to the corresponding
LLVM IR (.s files) using the tool  dragonegg. The structure of my code is
such that there are function calls across these files. Is there any way to
inline these function calls? That is if function A in A.s calls function B
in B.s, can the code for function B be added in A.s using some flag or pass
in LLVM, like the AlwaysInlinerLegacyPass?

I need to do the analysis on the .s file, so doing it during linking or
assembling will not help.

--
Thanks,
Ranjani