[llvm-dev] Documentation of pre-RA-scheduler

legend xx via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 21 08:50:27 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am interesting about pre-RA-scheduler pass of llc. I have seen that I
this flags has different instruction schedulers availables:

--pre-RA-sched=<value>                                          -
Instruction schedulers available (before register allocation):
    =list-ilp                                                     -
Bottom-up register pressure aware list scheduling which tries to balance
ILP and register pressure
    =list-hybrid                                                  -
Bottom-up register pressure aware list scheduling which tries to balance
latency and register pressure

I need to find documentation on how the details of the implementations of
these schedulers are, some examples of code with the transformations that
they execute, etc.

I checked the files of LLVM that implements this passes, but I didn't find
information.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks you!