[llvm-dev] FileCheck

Chris Tetreault via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 18 09:34:58 PDT 2020

For anybody viewing these failures through some sort of CI system, showing the error first then the input file is more useful for the same reasons you mentioned. Personally, I rarely run filecheck by hand from the command prompt, so your change would make my life worse. Granted, I'm just one person.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think it's clear-cut which order is better, so maybe we shouldn't change it. I think it might be fine to add an option to swap the order, but I'd be very sad if it started dumping to some random file by default.

Thanks,
   Christopher Tetreault