[llvm-dev] Need help in creating clone functions

SANGEETA CHOWDHARY via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 15 16:36:16 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am working on creating a llvm pass which clones a certain function with a
different name using CloneFunctionInto. I create a call instruction to call
a new cloned function from the old function. In llvm IR and in .s file
everything looks as expected, but when I call this program with gdb and set
a breakpoint on this new function, gdb shows the name of the original
function. I know it has to do something with debug options but I am not
sure how should I set the debug options of this new function so that I can
see it in gdb.
Can someone please help me with this?

Regards,
Sangeeta