[llvm-dev] [Debuginfo][DWARF][LLD] Remove obsolete debug info in lld.

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 5 03:01:59 PDT 2020

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 at 19:43, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, I super appreciate the time you've put into writing this up
> and it is valuable & I'd love to see some (even hand-crafted assembly)
> prototypes, maybe do some back-of-the-envelope numbers to see whether
> the ELF header overhead would be worth it, etc.

Given my past experience in this area, I'm happy to help out with this,
once I've got my current plans for the debug line work largely concluded,
so from sometime next week probably. My thinking is to simulate the DWARF
usage with blank sections of the appropriate size and with the right number
of relocations, instead of the real contents, to give us a rough idea of
the link-time performance hit of fragmenting using the current LLD.

James